CHARLOTTE, N.C. — The Queen City’s local LGBT chamber of commerce s...
PSA: Harms of the Anti-Gay Amendment
Updated: June 18, 2012 at 10:26 am
• Gay Marriage is already illegal in North Carolina.
The anti-gay amendment is redundant and a distraction from real challenges we face.
• The anti-gay amendment is bad for business.
Signals that our state is not welcoming of the diverse workforce needed to compete in the global economy.
• The anti-gay amendment would negate benefits for tens of thousands.
Would strip public entities of their authority to provide benefits to same-sex domestic partners.
• The anti-gay amendment bans all legal relationship recognitions.
Marriage or civil unions for same-sex couples would be banned.
• The anti-gay amendment causes real harm to North Carolina families.
Broad language could have consequences for unmarried opposite-sex couples and their children.
For more information, email Charlotte Regional Field Director Ashlei K. Blue at email@example.com.
You can support independent, local LGBT media!
Give a one-time gift or sign up for ongoing voluntary online subscription to support qnotes' nearly three-decade long community service and keep our publication's dynamic, hard-hitting and insightful news and entertainment coverage alive. Click here to support us today.