Former President Bill Clinton: “Stigma and discrimination are actually on t...
Transsexuals, cross dressers and drag queens, oh my
Updated: October 10, 2013 at 5:25 pm
I just moved from the country to the city and I’m confused about the differences between transsexuals, cross dressers and drag queens.
TransConfused, Minneapolis, MN
A transsexual (TS) and/or a trans person are women or men who, for many reasons decide to change their birth sex to the opposite sex. However, a trans person does not always change his or her sex organs, while a transsexual does. Cross dressers are straight men that dress as women from time to time. And, drag queens change their appearances, not their sexual identity, for performance purposes only and sometimes for a bar tab. That’s the cut, I mean the tuck of it, sweetie.
I love my boyfriend, but he makes more money than me and he bugs me to get a better job or go to school to get a trade. Money means a lot to him. How do I get him to see that life is simple and not all about money?
Money vs. Life, Albuquerque, NM
Hello Money vs. Life,
It sounds more to me like he wants you to achieve greater things and become more successful for yourself and your relationship before the arthritis sets in. Yes, it’s great to be simple, but struggling your whole life is nothing to strive towards. So, pumpkin, use his love (and money) to become more successful and less complacent. (I sure know how to weigh the two choices which you can get a big tip from when you look at my cartoon.)
I’m gay and have a physical handicap. How do you suggest I find dates?
Handicapped & Dating, Cleveland, OH
Dearest Handicapped & Dating,
I’d start searching the internet for groups of similar folks and start making dates. And, honey, on that first date don’t talk about your handicap as an issue, but rather about the good things that have come from it. But, you probably knew that already!
I was with the same guy for months, then he suddenly breaks up with me for someone else. I’m so mad. I wish him more harm than he could ever imagine. Am I wrong to wish such things?
Unkind Thoughts, Las Vegas, NV
Hey Unkind Thoughts,
Being vengeful may be wrong, but being mad and/or thinking nasty thoughts is normal after a murder, I mean a breakup. So, baby, wish away, but never get too carried away… and read:
Trinity’s Wishes You’re Not Allowed And Are Allowed, After A Break Up
1. You’re not allowed to wish that he ends up a cancer patient helplessly dying in a lonely hotel room because of a bad HMO.
2. But, you are allowed to think of him as a witch in Salem, Massachusetts, 1692 who is being wrongfully and painfully prosecuted for being a witch.
3. You’re not allowed to wish that she ends up in a terrible car accident crippling herself and her new lover.
4. But, you are allowed to think of her as a laboratory rat, being given a new experimental drug to see if her fat cells multiply rapidly.
5. You’re not allowed to wish that he becomes a hate crime victim, beaten by the religious right and left at the Republican campaign office.
6. But, you are allowed to think of him as a Third World criminal who’s been dumped on an island without food, fire or sex for two years.
7. You’re not allowed to wish that she ends up a kidnapped slave who is raped then buried alive.
8. But, you are allowed to think of her as Tippi Hedren from Hitchcock’s “The Birds” where thousands of birds peck her to near death.
9. You’re not allowed to wish him slowly tortured by Shiite Muslims, then beheaded on the internet in the name of Allah.
10. But, you are allowed to wish him, her or the both of them a simple life, far, far away from you!
info: With a Masters of Divinity, Reverend Trinity hosted “Spiritually Speaking,” a weekly radio drama performed globally, and is now minister of sponsor, WIG: Wild Inspirational Gatherings, wigministries.org. Learn more at telltrinity.com.
You can support independent, local LGBT media!
Give a one-time gift or sign up for ongoing voluntary online subscription to support qnotes' nearly three-decade long community service and keep our publication's dynamic, hard-hitting and insightful news and entertainment coverage alive. Click here to support us today.