You can’t go wrong with new duds for dad on Father’s Day.
So Father’s Day is approaching and you’d rather go to the dentist than buy another tie. Save the appointment for wisdom teeth trouble and make shopping a little easier! Here are 10 gift ideas for Father’s Day that are sure to bring a smile to his face.
• Father of the Year Plaque: Show your appreciation for that special father with a trophy or plaque that honors him as a father.
• Magazine Subscription: This is the gift that keeps on giving year round. Popular subscriptions are Sports Illustrated, Men’s Journal and Muscle & Fitness.
• Sports Tickets: Because Father’s Day is during the summer, baseball would be the sporting event to get tickets for. Other options are wrestling events or golf tournaments.
• Golf Getaway: Speaking of golf, a golf getaway is a really nice gift and a great way for busy dad to unwind.
• Gift Basket: You can find any themed gift basket nowadays including golf, fishing, football, baseball and movie lovers.
• Clothing: You can’t go wrong here — just check out dad’s closet for the appropriate sizes and to get a general idea of what his tastes are.
• Watch: They seem to be a necessity that men don’t splurge on. If he is wearing a watch with a plastic wristband, you need to read no further. Go shopping right away.
• Barbecue Supplies: The weather is warm and there’s a good chance you are having a barbecue to celebrate Father’s Day. Start it off right with new cooking tools for the head chef.
• Tools: This is a pretty obvious choice but a great gift nonetheless. Projects around the house, car repair and even various creative ventures require tools — see what dad needs and splurge on something you know he’ll use.
• A day to watch TV, pig out or do whatever it is he likes to do.
Consider this his special day. Things like breakfast in bed, renting his favorite movie and cooking his favorite dinner could be just what father asked for.