RALEIGH — The GLBT Center of Raleigh’s Organizational Development Committee (ODC) has announced it is taking nominations for the Governance Team. The Team will assist in establishing the Center as a legal entity.
The OCD is looking for candidates who are positive, action-oriented individuals and interested in making the dream of having a brick and mortar structure in Raleigh a reality. One does not need a great deal of experience, but a willingness to be a strong team player with a great work ethic. Individuals are needed to work with a diverse group of people and help in the decision-making process.
The Team will:
• interface with a wide range of people from local business leaders to politicians to other organizations
• clarify mission, vision and goals
• recruit an initial board of directors
• define the purpose, create bylaws and the case statement for fund raising
• hold one monthly team meeting and lead a monthly general meeting
• incorporate the Community Center as a nonprofit corporation
• apply to the N.C. Department of Revenue after receiving tax exempt status
• apply for a charitable solicitation license
The team will be a temporary organizational unit that will last no more than six months and will replace the ODC.
All nomination forms must be filled out in full and returned to the Center by email no later than midnight, Jan. 31. All submissions will receive a confirmation reply.
Data submitted will be held in strict confidence and viewed only by the ODC who will evaluate nominations and use it only for the selection process.
In other news, during January, the GLBT Center of Raleigh met to discuss its current and future plans for development. It is currently working on developing a web presence, although there is no domain yet.