You know Trinity,
All this complaining and inside fighting between the gay men, lesbian and bisexual community over the “transgender” community makes gay rights so much less powerful! Don’t you agree?
Transgender Rights, Portland, OR
You know T.R.,
Long ago, there was a time when gays, lesbians and bisexuals wouldn’t even talk together, never mind fight together. And, being frightened of transgender people was also the norm. Today, the LGBT movement is still young, trying to sort out the queens from the kings, trying to find itself and fight together to fight the enemy. Yes, inside fighting makes “gay” rights less powerful, but, at least, we’re together fighting! Aren’t we all transgender in some way, anyway? Thus, G plus L Plus B equals T!
You have written before about raising children as gay parents. But. do you have any suggestions as to how to teach children about gay culture and life?
Rainbow Parents, Hartford, CT
Hello Rainbow Parents,
Children only know what we teach them. They sense what’s innately right and wrong within themselves and within you. So, don’t hide for too long. Be proud, patient and read them plenty of those educational children’s books, which focus on gay themes. P.S.: I adopted triplet boys when they were 14, in 2005. And, it has been a great journey! (Check out my cartoon to find out about what’s heads and tales on this subject!)
When dating someone you really like, can you tell them “too much” about yourself?
Too Much, Miami, FL
Dear Too Much,
Yes, yes and yes again! The biggest challenge of dating is to keep coming up with new and interesting things to do and say about yourself, otherwise, if you give it all away too fast, there’s nothing to keep someone interested. It’s always best to keep a bit of mysteriousness about yourself. Mystery evokes intrigue and excitement! Remember, adults have secrets, children tell their parents everything! Now Shush!
My best friend does not want to be friends anymore because he’s now “gay” and I’m not. He says, “Were not compatible anymore.” Do you think gay and straight people should teach each other or always stay in our own communities?
Together But Different, Columbia, SC
I definitely think that gays and straights were put together on this planet for a reason. Besides decorating and fixing cars here’s:
Trinity’s Savvy Tips For What Gay Men Would Advise Straight Men And Visa Versa About Life Gay Men Advising Straight Men:
1. At least 3-5 times a week, hit the gym, have a fabulous brunch or meet your friends (ex-lovers) for happy hour.
2. Once a week, go to a play, ballet, opera, Broadway show or cruise area.
3. Once a month, have a male cosmetologist wax, shave and groom your eyebrows, legs and or genitalia.
4. At least every few months, travel to a foreign destination, i.e., Thailand, New Zealand or Fort Lauderdale.
5. Once a year, do drag, attend a circuit party, take your mother on a trip and have a makeover.
6. Lastly, at least once in your lifetime, get really high and sleep with all your (good-looking) friends.
Straight Men Advising Gay Men:
1. At least 3-5 times a week, watch ESPN, have your buddies over for poker or down a brewsky after work.
2. Once a week, go to a bowling alley, pool hall, car wash, sports bar or strip joint.
3. Once a month, have a barber give you an old-fashion shave, a trim and top it off with his special aftershave.
4. At least every few months, stay home and watch the Home Improvement, Discovery or Travel channels.
5. Once a year, do a rodeo, a rock concert, take your wife and kids to Disney and have your baseball hat cleaned.
6. Lastly, at least once in your lifetime, get really drunk and sleep with your wife’s (young) girlfriends. : :
— With a Masters of Divinity, Reverend Trinity was
host of “Spiritually Speaking,” a weekly radio drama,
and now performs globally.
info: www.telltrinity.com . Trinity@telltrinity.com
Sponsored by: Provincetown Business Guild
800-637-8696 . www.ptown.org