CHARLOTTE, N.C. — The LGBT Center of Charlotte, 820 St., Suite B11, has announced its call for 2013 Pride Charlotte volunteers and staffers.
The two-day celebration begins its planning process months ahead of rollout in order to provide an enjoyable event for everyone.
Committee and chair positions to fill are:
• Parade — provides execution of and staging of parade, from development to implementation.
• Development — oversees all revenue-generating activities of the festival and parade, including sponsorships, vendor fees, parade registration fees and individual contributions. Committee activities include sponsorship, vendors and fundraising.
• Media/Marketing — oversees all aspects of media, marketing and public relations of Pride Charlotte. Committee responsibilities include printing and publication of all materials, Pride guide production, radio/television ad development and social media outreach.
• Community Development — responsible for increasing and improving visibility and reputation within the Charlotte region. Committee activities include volunteer recruiting and training, event development, planning and implementation and diversity fostering and recruiting.
Additional positions are:
• Secretary — responsible for recording votes and maintaining minutes and records of all meetings and proceedings, plus supporting all committee activity.
• Treasurer — reports directly to the festival co-chairs and responsible for working directly with all committee chairs to develop a detailed annual budget for festival and parade operations.
For those interested, submit resumes to Pride Charlotte Co-Chair Richard Grimstad at email@example.com.