In reporting on recent anti-LGBT comments from right-wing radio host Rush Limbaugh, The Huffington Post compiled a list of 19 other “horrific anti-gay statements.” Some of the usual names are featured, including the American Family Association’s Bryan Fischer and the Family Research Council’s Tony Perkins.
Plenty of North Carolina names also made the list:
- Maiden, N.C., Pastor Charles Worley who said gays and lesbian should be fenced in electrified pens
- Pastor Ron Baity of the Winston-Salem, N.C., Berean Baptist Church who said gays should be criminally prosecuted
- Pastor Sean Harris of the Fayetteville, N.C., Berean Baptist Church who advocated punching effeminate children
- Pastor Tim Rabon of Raleigh’s Beacon Baptist Church who said marriage equality would lead to marriages between “persona and a beast”
- Pastor Patrick Wooden of Raleigh’s Upper Room Church of God in Christ who said gay sex causes gay men to need diapers