In April, qnotes will debut our first “Queen City Creatives” issue, profiling 6-8 successful LGBT young leaders and young professionals.
We’re reaching out to our readers and asking for your suggestions and nominations.
What we’re looking for:
1. Locals in the greater Charlotte area and greater Raleigh-Durham area 35 years of age or younger
2. Professionals in creative and dynamic fields like banking/finance, law, politics/government, technology, communications, hospitality, science/engineering, medical, etc.
3. Community leaders, whether paid or volunteer, in either LGBT or non-LGBT progressive organizations/causes
4. Individuals who have demonstrated a unique entrepreneurial spirit or who have worked or led in creative, insightful and progressive ways, leaving a lasting mark on their business, neighborhood, community or field
5. Individuals who are “out” and identify as LGBT, queer or who are strong straight allies with a proven dedication to, knowledge of and understanding of LGBT/progressive causes and issues
6. Must be willing and able to attend a photo shoot in mid-March and appear on the cover of the newspaper
We are committed to representing a full diversity of our community, including a diversity of ages within the under-35 bracket as well as a diversity of fields/expertise, gender, race/ethnicity and socioeconomic status.
If you have suggestions of young professionals or young leaders we should profile, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.