October: Breast Cancer Awareness Month
Updated: September 26, 2013 at 3:43 pm
ENGAGE: Write a letter to the editor | Comment on this story
Komen Race for the Cure
Oct. 5 :: Charlotte
Festivities begin at 6 a.m., with the timed race starting at 7:15 a.m. and the recreational walk/run at 7:50 a.m. All activities at Marshall Park. Register at komencharlotte.org.
Oct. 6 :: Raleigh
Annual survivor celebration hosted at the Renaissance Raleigh Hotel in North Hills, 2-5 p.m. Pampering with mini spa treatments like massages, manicures and hair and makeup consultations. Tickets are $30 for general admission, $20 for survivors. komennctc.org.
Oct. 11-12 :: Charlotte
Diamonds Direct SouthPark hosts a trunk show and sale featuring designer Jack Kelege. 5-7 p.m.
Celebrate The Ta Tas
Oct. 24 :: Charlotte
The Charlotte chapter of Hadassah, the largest women’s volunteer organization in the world, hosts its second annual “Celebrate The Ta Tas” party with unique art, hors d’oeuvres, silent auction, guest speakers, cash bar. Mint Museum, 500 S. Tryon St. 6:30 p.m. $36. celebratethetataszvents.eventbrite.com.
Fit for the Cure
Month-long :: Statewide
Wacoal will host Fit for the Cure events to help women across the country find their perfect fit. For every woman fitted at an event Wacoal will donate $2 to Susan G. Komen. No purchase is necessary. Wacoal will also donate $2 to Komen for every Wacoal bra or shapewear item or b.tempt’d bra purchased at these events. Visit FitfortheCure.com for more information.
Individual events listed below.
• Oct. 3, 10 a.m.-4 p.m., Belk, 254 N. New Hope Rd., Gastonia.
• Oct. 4, 10 a.m.-4 p.m., Dillards at Westfield Independence Mall, 3500 Oleander Dr., Wilmington.
• Oct. 4, 10 a.m.-4 p.m., Belk, 2115 W. Roosevelt Blvd., Suite 600, Monroe.
• Oct. 10, 10 a.m.-4 p.m., Dillards, 4400 Sharon Rd., Charlotte.
• Oct. 11, 10 a.m.-4 p.m., Dillards, 7535 Northlake Mall Dr., Charlotte.
• Oct. 11, 10 a.m.-8 p.m., Dillards, 11041 Carolina Place Pkwy., Charlotte.
• Oct. 17, 10 a.m.-4 p.m., Dillards at Triangle Town Center, 3501 Sumner Blvd., Raleigh.
• Oct. 18, 10 a.m.-4 p.m., Dillards at Cary Towne Center, 1105 Walnut St., Cary.
You can support independent, local LGBT media!
Give a one-time gift or sign up for ongoing voluntary online subscription to support qnotes' nearly three-decade long community service and keep our publication's dynamic, hard-hitting and insightful news and entertainment coverage alive. Click here to support us today.