I have a feeling I may lose my job. Any ideas on how to keep a job and/or keep from losing one?
Job Doubts, Charleston, WV
Dear Job Doubts,
Even though last year you may have won “Employee Of The Year,” this years bad economy, loss of profits and/or someone with more tenure, could put you into the unemployment line. It seems like most employers simply want two things from employees 1) to make their company grow and 2) to fit in and work well with others. Thus, if you try to get along with your co-workers (even if it means biting your tongue), then all that’s left is prayer. Although, honey, opening your own business and being your own boss is the other cure for the “unemployment jitters.” You may not always get a steady paycheck, but you’ll never worry about getting fired!
If you really like someone and they really like you, then why is it wrong to talk about living together…on the second date?
Moving Fast, Providence, RI
Dearest Moving Fast,
Question: If you win the lottery should you, a) tell everyone right away or b) enjoy the moment, get a financial advisor and then tell everyone? The correct answer is “b” — shut up, enjoy the moment, spend time figuring out your new situation and then open your big mouth! In other words, pumpkin, be excited but be cautious! Be in love, but be practical! Go on your second date and be quiet about moving in, at least until you have time to know “something more” than someone’s zodiac sign! (U-Haul trucks are great for moves. Just make sure you aren’t moving too fast! My cartoon sure shows this dilemma!)
I hosted a party so my friends could meet my new boyfriend, but I messed up, got drunk and “made-out” with an old boyfriend! What a mess!
Hosting Horrors, Ogunquit, ME
Hello Hosting Horrors,
Since you know you messed up, then let me just remind you that when hosting a party that includes a new boyfriend: 1) don’t invite old boyfriends, 2) don’t fight with your new boyfriend in front of company, 3) don’t spend too much time away from him and 4) for God’s sake, sweetie, don’t get caught kissing someone else in front of him!
Lately, my other half is doing things that lead me to believe that I’m being cheated on. How can I find out without appearing suspicious?
Cheating Thoughts, Reno, NV
Hey Cheating Thoughts,
There are many things a cheating spouse or lover does that gives them away, that’s why, darling, I’ve compiled:
Trinity’s Smart Scenarios For Knowing If You’re Being Cheated On
1. S/he becomes “unnaturally” jealous of you, usually as a protective mechanism for his or her own wonton activities.
2. S/he insists on spending time alone, yet can’t explain where or with whom s/he goes out to lunch, dinner or on a late night rendezvous with!
3. S/he acquires items on your joint credit card that cannot be explained.
4. His/her “new” secretary is gorgeous, single and s/he spends a hell of a lot of extra time “at the office!”
5. S/he suddenly starts dressing and acting sexier then s/he ever has in your last five years together.
6. S/he freaks out when you simply ask, “Where are you going, honey?” or “Where have you been, baby?”
7. His/her personal items start disappearing or new items suddenly start appearing and s/he acts like your questions are crazy! (“I’ve always had these earrings, honey!”)
8. S/he doesn’t want to have sex anymore and gets upset when you start suggesting it?
9. S/he is hardly ever at the office when you just out of the blue drop by or call to “say hi” (doing a little spy work)!
10. Lastly, s/he smells like, feels like, tastes like and even worse looks like someone else.
info: With a Masters of Divinity, Reverend Trinity hosted “Spiritually Speaking,” a weekly radio drama performed globally, and is now minister of sponsor, WIG: Wild Inspirational Gatherings, wigministries.org. Learn more at telltrinity.com.