From my inbox, forwarded to me by our wonderful production director and Carolinas News Notes writer Lainey Millen:
OLOC, Old Lesbians Organizing for Change, announces The Del Martin Old Lesbian Pride Award, created to honor Del Martin, activist, pathfinder, and OLOC member who died at age 87 on August 27, 2008 in San Francisco . It will be awarded to a Lesbian 70 years or older whose life and work has influenced and will continue to impact the lives of Old Lesbians.
1. Nominations are not to exceed 500 words describing the outstanding accomplishments and/or achievements of the nominee.
2. The Award will be given to an Old Lesbian over the age of 70.
3. Nominations must be postmarked by April 15, 2010.
4. Nominations are world-wide and for an Old Lesbian in any field of endeavor.
5. Nominee’s life and/or work must impact the lives of Old Lesbians.
6. The first Award will be presented at the 2010 National Gathering in Cleveland OH , USA .
7. Nominee must be alive at the time of nomination.
OLOC: PO Box 5853 , Athens , OH 45701