30th Annual AIDS Run & Walk Chicago
October 2 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
Now in its 30th year, the AIDS Run & Walk Chicago returns to Chicago October 2 to help create equity and justice as well as raise awareness and funds for individuals who are living with or vulnerable to HIV and AIDS. This year’s theme, Forward Together, aims to look beyond our current state and focus on what we can do to create a better future for people living with HIV and AIDS. Proceeds from the event will directly benefit AIDS Foundation of Chicago (AFC), as well as more than 20 community partner organizations that provide programs and services for those living with or vulnerable to HIV, AIDS and other chronical illness.
To ensure safety and comfortability of participants, AFC is offering three accessible options to be involved:
- In-person at Soldier Field on October 2
- The traditional 5K, 10K and 5K Walk and Roll are currently open for pre-registration now through September 27
- “At Your Own Pace, At Your Own Place”
- Participants will be able to choose to start and complete their race at a location other than Soldier Field using RunGo – a virtual smartphone app
- “Stay-at-Home Supporter”
- Participants can register for free and fundraise (min. of $50 required) from afar for the cause
Since the event was established in 1991, AIDS Run & Walk Chicago has drawn more than 23,000 advocates and raised more than $5.5 million to battle the epidemic. For more information, visit aidsrunwalk.org or call 312-334-0953.