Do you have what it takes to be Charlotte’s Favorite LGBT Bartender? Do you serve up the best queer cocktail in town? Think your patrons agree? Then enter our second annual Charlotte’s Favorite LGBT Bartender contest today! Don’t delay! The contest entry period won’t last long!
Use the form below to enter the contest. The winner of our first-ever Charlotte’s Favorite LGBT Bartender will be featured in our April 24, 2015, print edition, with runners-up and other entrants also getting profiles that issue! All entrants MUST read and understand the contest rules and materials submission conditions located underneath the entry form on this page. Click here to jump directly to the rules and conditions.
Are you a patron and have a favorite bartender you want to participate? The best way to get them involved is to encourage them to fill out the entry form below! Have questions or want more info? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Entry Deadline EXTENDED: Friday, March 6, 2015, 11:59 p.m.
[contact-form-7 id=”34090″ title=”2015 Bartender Entry”]
1. Entrant must be live in Charlotte or the greater Charlotte metro area (as defined by the Charlotte-Concord-Gastonia, N.C.-S.C. MSA: Cabarrus County, Chester County, Cleveland County, Gaston County, Iredell County, Lancaster County, Lincoln County, Mecklenburg County, Rowan County, Union County, York County).
2. Entrant must be currently employed as a bartender at one of the Charlotte-area’s primarily LGBT nightlife establishments, including: The Bar at 316, Cathode Azure, Central Station, Chasers, The Hide A Way, L4 Lounge, Nickel Bar, Petra’s, The Scorpio, Sidelines and The Woodshed.
3. Entrant must remain an employee at the establishment where they were employed at the time they entered the contest. Any entrant who leaves their employment forfeits their participation in the contest; entrant understands they must immediately notify QNotes of their separation. Entrant understands that QNotes will verify their employment status.
4. Only the first three entrants from each bar will be accepted into the contest. An entrant can represent only one establishment. QNotes’ goal is to ensure fair representation of all establishments with employees who opt to participate in the contest.
5. Entrant must fully complete and submit the entire entry form, including providing a high-quality, high-resolution (300 DPI, CMYK) photograph for use by QNotes. Any and all materials submitted to QNotes become the property of Pride Publishing & Typesetting, Inc. and QNotes. See “Materials Release” section.
6. One winner will be chosen by popular vote through an online ballot open to members of the public.
7. Entrant must be willing to speak on-the-record for an interview with QNotes. Additionally, entrant must be willing to pose for photography by QNotes. The top vote-getter will be named the winner and will be profiled in an editorial feature in QNotes. Runners-up and other entrants will receive shorter editorial profiles at the discretion of QNotes.
8. Entrant must acknowledge they have read these contest rules when submitting their application.
9. Entrants will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, gender, socioeconomic status, academic status, gender identity, physical appearance, sexual orientation, or mental, physical, developmental, or sensory disability.
10. Pride Publishing & Typesetting, Inc. & QNotes reserve the right to alter these contest rules and conditions at anytime for any reason. Pride Publishing & Typesetting, Inc. & QNotes reserve the right to terminate any contest entrant’s participation at anytime for any reason.
Entrant understands that, in addition to the above contest rules, they must read and acknowledge these conditions on any and all materials submitted to QNotes or any photographic or other materials collected by QNotes and containing entrant’s likeness and/or personally-identifying information:
Entrant gives QNotes and Pride Publishing & Typesetting Inc. permission to use their likeness in a photograph and/or personally-identifying information in any and all of its publications, including website entries, without payment or any other consideration. Entrant understands and agrees that these materials will become the property of photographer and/or QNotes and Pride Publishing & Typesetting Inc. Entrant authorizes QNotes and Pride Publishing & Typesetting, Inc., its assigns and transferees to use and publish the same in print and/or electronically.
By entering the contest and acknowledging these conditions, entrant hereby irrevocably authorizes QNotes and Pride Publishing & Typesetting Inc. and/or photographer to edit, alter, copy, exhibit, publish or distribute this photo(s) with or without my permission for any lawful purpose, including for example such purposes as publicity, illustration, advertising and online content.
In addition, entrant waives the right to inspect or approve the finished product, including written or electronic copy, wherein entrant’s likeness and/or personally-identifying information appears. Additionally, entrant waives any right to royalties or other compensation arising or related to the use of the photograph, personally/identifying information and/or any other materials submitted to QNotes.
Entrant hereby holds harmless and releases and forever discharges the photographer and/or QNotes and Pride Publishing & Typesetting Inc. from all claims, demands, and causes of action which entrant, entrant’s heirs, representatives, executors, administrators, or any other persons acting on the entrant’s behalf or on behalf of entrant’s estate have or may have by reason of this authorization.
Entrant understands that QNotes will not publish information such as entrant’s telephone number, email address or other personal contact information.